Old October 29th 03, 09:56 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Rupert Goodwins Rupert Goodwins is offline

Default Where have all the RMs gone?

On Mon, 27 Oct 2003 20:19:31 +0000 (UTC), "Nes"
wrote:

Sorry if this has been taclked before!

Just wondering why are all the RM-type crew buses being withdrawn? First the
94, then 15 and now the 11? I know there are others, but those routes are
what first comes to mind.

Nes.
--
To reply directly to me, please remove all the spam-deflecting X's!
Either that, or simply reply to the group!

I was on one the other night going up York Way. It was the first bus
for twenty minutes, and it was so packed that I could just about hang
onto the post at the back with most of my encumberance flapping about
in the wind. Great fun, but probably in contravention of every safety
standard ever invented - I'm sure that if a passing plod had seen us,
there'd have been trouble. I imagine that this sort of thing is a big
part of the thinking to remove them from service.

I wonder if the last three in service will process in state to
Willesden Bus Garage past roads thronged with wellwishers and camera
crews. It worked for Concorde...