Old July 27th 07, 05:09 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Default 5million people to be banned from Picadilly Line

On 27 Jul, 14:00, "
wrote:
And if it is as broad as people fear, then it

seems really unlikely that a judge would approve such a thing.

Well let's hope not. Nonetheless I think it's depressing that the
right to protest has been eroded so much already, that they can even
think to ask for such a ridiculously broad ranging injunction. it
seems to me they are adopting the standard practice of starting with a
position that is so outrageous, to make a more limited ban which
'only' affects part of the tube line, or 'only' thousands rather than
millions of people, seem moderate. Given the recent floods that have
affected the country it is ironic that protest against climate change
is coming up against such frantic attempts to silence it.

If any such injunction was approved, I would join several of those
organisations and go to all the banned places and join any protest
that was taking place.

Otherwise, I probably won't.