Old July 28th 07, 12:50 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
David Thornhill David Thornhill is offline

Default St Pancras International

"A.Lee" wrote in message
David Thornhill wrote:

David (Who has yet to do Waterloo - Paris, despite several trips each
year
to Brussels.)

What is the exit from Brussels like now?
The only time I went, the queue seemed to go along half of the train,
and took around 40 minutes to get through the barrier, I only had a 1
hour connection, and needed to buy an onward ticket as well so was a bit
worried about getting it.
Then I saw the long queue for tickets - luckily there was 1 window for
'International' tickets with no queue, to which I went, and was berated
for asking to go to Rotterdam, when I should have queued in the
'domestic' queue. I was served though, and just made it.

It can be congested due to the somewhat narrow exit, but I have made five
minute connections. I'm usually going forward using my Eurostar ticket, so
no need to buy a local ticket. Try to get seat in high numbered coach, say
17, then you are next to exit at Brussels. One other tip is that masses
often queue at one exit gate, so jump the queue and go to other gate that
will open as you approach it, although on recent visits there was work to
relocate the exit gates away from platform end to just around corner that
should allow a better flow.

David