Old August 1st 07, 12:17 AM posted to uk.transport.london
James Farrar James Farrar is offline

Default London vs New York

On Tue, 31 Jul 2007 19:11:42 +0100, "Stevo" wrote:

David of Broadway wrote:
Michael Hoffman wrote:
PigPOg wrote:
On Mon, 30 Jul 2007 10:05:00 -0700, Nerdbird
wrote:

This web site may be of interest to the visitor to London. The
Underground and taxis are discussed.

http://hometown.aol.com/nerdbird1/LondonNYC.html

Found this site very interesting. I'm a Londoner yet know nothing of
NYC. I've never been able to find (or have someone explain) the
Uptown/Downtown concept. I mean, where exactly is Uptown New York?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uptown%2C_Manhattan

This New Yorker suspects that that page was not written by a New
Yorker. It's not accurate in the slightest. (But I'm too lazy fix
it, so I really have no right to complain.)

In my experience, entries in Wikipedia are more often wrong than right.

This is mostly because there's a whole lot of unsourced crap that it
is best to ignore completely. The good stuff is often very, very good
indeed.