Old August 1st 07, 07:07 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Peter Masson Peter Masson is offline

Default St Pancras International

"Boltar" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Jul 30, 10:13 pm, "BH Williams" wrote:
Third-rail gear will be removed pretty sharpish, I imagine- it can be a

real
pain if it decides to fail in the down position, as I discovered when

one
took out some track-circuit- related equipment at the UK portal at the
beginning of a morning shift. They were still fixing it when I finished

What idiot decided to put the equipment where it could be fouled by
shoegear? Given a 319 traversed the tunnel when it first opened this
equipment must be an afterthought.

ISTR 319s having trouble when they worked to Rugby, when their shoegear
fouled nice high ballast shoulders on the WCML.

Peter