Old August 1st 07, 11:53 PM posted to uk.transport.london
TheOneKEA TheOneKEA is offline

Default Single track line next to Drayton Park station

On Jul 26, 10:55 am, Mr Thant
wrote:
The Canonbury Curve, which connects Finsbury Park and the ECML to the
North London Line. It currently has no passenger service, though it is
used by freight and possibly some empty coaching stock.

I saw an old picture once which appeared to be of the southern end of
the Canonbury Curve; it showed a four-track mainline heading west into
the left-hand upper corner of the photo, with a double-track flat
junction splitting from the right-hand pair of lines and curving away
into the right-hand upper corner of the photo.

There was a plan to use it to terminate the East London Line extension
at Finsbury Park (rather than H&I), but that would require 8 train
movements an hour on the flat across the entire NLL formation, so was
unsurprisingly dropped as a non-starter.

Is there space at the southern end to construct a medium-speed
(30-40mph) flyover for down trains to Finsbury Park?