Old August 2nd 07, 05:56 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
W14_Fishbourne W14_Fishbourne is offline

Default Crossrail franchise

On Aug 2, 6:14 pm, "Graham Harrison"
wrote:
The "Two Crossrail questions" thread set me thinking. Paddington is
currently FGW territory. Liverpool St is "One Land". So when (yes when)
Crossrail gets built how do the franchises align?

The White Paper seemed to imply a separate franchise for Crossrail.

I wouldn't worry too much as to how Crossrail will fit into current
franchises. In the last 10 years we have moved through three different
models of franchise organisation/term. Crossrail is unlikely to be
built for at least another 10 years, maybe even 15. Who is to know
what franchises will look like that far ahead, never mind who will be
running them.