Old August 3rd 07, 08:41 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Grit in the Oyster

In message .com, at
00:59:32 on Fri, 3 Aug 2007, Bob remarked:
http://www.silicon.com/publicsector/...9168037,00.htm

Of course this will mean the need for cyber gripping.

"Transport For London's Oyster card does not comply with Itso,
so Lynch will not be able to integrate his scheme with it.

Lynch said: "I decided, let's drop the card out of the concept.
Why not use a device which everyone already has - their phone?"

So are they suggesting everyone waves their phone screen at the
barriers, having fumbled around to retrieve a picture message with a
barcode on it? And will the phone then have its amount of credit updated
by SMS (I can't see how else it would work).