Old August 3rd 07, 10:07 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
David Hansen David Hansen is offline

Default Grit in the Oyster

On Fri, 3 Aug 2007 09:49:25 +0100 someone who may be "Paul Scott"
wrote this:-

Notice how its spun as a great idea by the TOC - all the recent franchises
(since SWT) were required to provide for smartcard ticketing.

Common practice. A little while ago one of the electrical chains
started spinning that they were good people for taking away old
electrical goods. The spin fails to mention that this is a
requirement under WEEE. While this has been badly handled by the
incompetents in the DTI as far as small operations are concerned
they have got it about right for big business.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh