Old October 29th 03, 06:31 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Neil Williams Neil Williams is offline

Default Where have all the RMs gone?

On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 12:44:56 +0000, K wrote:

They're *far* more comfotable than later buses, and give a much
smother ride. (unless they just have better drivers)

Lower acceleration, probably. Don't know about smoother - except for
the few that've been refurbished with a modern drivetrain, most
shudder like anything and jerk badly on changing gear.

Most other places with mostly off-bus ticketing allow for buying a
ticket on board as well.

True - while others board at the rear, people can pay at the front -
in Hamburg, a wide range of tickets is available and doesn't cause a
lot of delay.

Neil

--
Neil Williams
is a valid email address, but is sent to /dev/null.