Old August 3rd 07, 04:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Grit in the Oyster

In message , at 16:43:11 on Fri, 3
Aug 2007, tim..... remarked:
Does this mean you have to buy a new phone,

Almost certainly, Yes

The average age of phones in our household is about three years (and we
don't have any plans to buy more than one new one a year, if that,
between the four of us). Another problem is that there'll only be a very
limited range of phones with the new gadget in to start with, so if
you've chosen one because of some other set of features you wanted [1]
you could well still not get an rfid.

[1] It amazes me that with several hundred models to choose from at any
one time, that we (in our household) find it's so easy to whittle the
list down to a handful, and then just one model, if you know what it is
you are looking for.