Old October 29th 03, 07:11 PM posted to uk.transport.london
James Farrar James Farrar is offline

Default Student tickets on national rail

(dan) wrote:

James Farrar wrote in message . ..
"Ian" wrote:

"Robin May" wrote in message
Are student rate tickets not valid on national rail?

From 6th January 2004 I've heard that ULU has negotiated that the student
card will give a discount to national rail services in London.

That's news to me. What's your source?

I will check with my nearest friendly ULU officer in the next couple
of days, see what I can come up with.

This was announced by the mayor a short while ago, although now I
can't find it on his website!???

Hmm, yes. I've now been sent a version of the press release. At least
this time someone different's taking the credit - when the LT student
discount first came in, the NUS (who had done absolutely bugger all
towards the campaign) took all the credit.

Mind you, if the ULU President then was as unaware/seemingly
incompetent as the incumbent... Chris Piper is quoted as saying "this
is something that ULU has been campaigning for over the last two
years" -- actually, ULU has been bitching at ATOC ever since the LT
discount came in - and that was in 1998!!!

--
James Farrar |

London, SE13 |