Old August 4th 07, 02:41 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
W14_Fishbourne W14_Fishbourne is offline

Default Grit in the Oyster

On Aug 4, 1:21 pm, Roland Perry wrote:

But what if all I have is an SWT card, will the barriers recognise that
at Melton Mowbray, Peterborough and Huntingdon and send the relevant
messages back to SWT - who will then debit the fare from me and
afterwards pass it through the settlement system just like if I paid for
that fare at a SWT ticket office today.

Or will the barrier at Melton Mowbray say to both my SWT and XC cards
"Unrecognised card, you must use an EM card" (despite almost all the
trains being XC)?

Look at it this way, iIf you buy a mag card Travelcard from SWT, will
it be refused for travel on South Eastern services just because it's
in an SWT plastic wallet?

Think of an ITSO card in the same way - it's simply an electronic
wallet in which you keep your tickets. The TOCs couldn't care whose
name is on the wallet you keep the ticket in, it's the ticket that
matters.