Old August 5th 07, 11:48 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tom Anderson Tom Anderson is offline

Default West London Tram

On Sat, 4 Aug 2007, Mr Thant wrote:

On Aug 4, 8:35 pm, Tom Anderson wrote:

Hang on, what? Do you mean West Ealing - Uxbridge? If so, how? Via the
Central line depot?

There used to be a line running due north from the GWML at West Drayton
to Uxbridge Vine St station. It's just about all been built on, though.

Aha. I'd never heard of that. Or of the branch from the Chiltern line!

The idea I have for reaching Uxbridge is taking over the Piccadilly
branch, which will be feeling very neglected after T5 opens.

I was thinking a while ago that could be grafted on to the Central line
via a flyover at Park Royal. In conjunction with the classic
Queen's-Park-to-North Acton extension of the Bakerloo, probably.

tom

--
Love as a principle and order as the basis; progress as the goal.