Old October 30th 03, 07:53 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Peter Beale Peter Beale is offline

Default Pensioner rail pass rules

In article , (Henry) wrote:

If possible, could someone please point me to somewhere on the web
which explains the rules which govern which is the first train of the day a
holder of a pensioner rail pass may catch (the pass which gives a reduced
ticket price on main line). Depending upon who you ask, you always seem to
get a different answer.

I am specifically interested in the route from Three Bridges to East
Croydon and Victoria.

"The Railcard discount is not available on tickets when journeys are made
wholly within the London and South East area... on morning peak period
services, Monday to Firday (not including peak period services)."

This usually means before 9.30 a.m., or trains arriving at the London
terminus before 10.00 a.m., whichever is the earlier. It applies also "against
the flow", so that e.g. I was unable to use the railcard for Salisbury to Honiton
on a train leaving before 9.30, although in my carriage there were six passengers
of whom three were SWT staff.

--
Peter Beale