Old October 30th 03, 08:34 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Boltar Boltar is offline

Default level crosings on the LUL

"Paul Scott" wrote in message ...
"Boltar" wrote in message
om...

I can just imagine the nannies in the HSE having to reach for the
smelling salts if someone proposed a new level crossing on a
commuter line! It won't happen. I suspect if the met is extended onto
this branch the road will be put into an underpass.

B2003

Will that be the same HSE that allows level crossings all over the Tyne Wear
Metro then?

Those have I suspect been there since the line was originally built back
in the days when the HSE had some common sense. However I stand to be
corrected and told that they're on the new extension to the airport.
Also don't forget that the metro is overhead catenary , the tube is 4th
rail.

B2003