Old August 8th 07, 11:33 AM posted to uk.transport.london
MaxB MaxB is offline

Default Charing Cross to Bluewater Shopping Centre and the TfL Journey Planner

"Jarle H Knudsen" wrote in message
Why does the TfL journey planner suggest taking two trains and a bus from
Lewisham when I want to go from Charing Cross to Bluewater Shopping
Centre?

One journey suggested is

11:22 Charing Cross Rail Station
Take Southeastern towards Gillingham (Kent) Rail Station

12:19 Greenhithe Rail Station
Take Southeastern towards Charing Cross

13:32 Lewisham Stop: G
Take Route Express bus 022 towards Harbour

Bluewater Bus Station
Walk to Bluewater Shopping Centre

14:05 Bluewater Shopping Centre

But if I read the Southeastern timetable correctly the 11:22 form Charing
Cross goes directly to Greenhithe for Bluewater.

Question number 2:
How can I find out how much this journey (Charing Cross - Greenhithe) will
cost me? I have a 7 day zone 1-6 travelcard on Oyster.

--
jhk

Just tried it and it offered either via Woolwich then bus 96 or via Lewisham
then bus 002/007. No mention of Greenhithe. Did you actually enter Charing
Cross as the starting point? I have had something similar before when
travelling to Kew: what I believed to be the simplest route refused to come
up until I changed my starting point. I complained to TfL who said they
couldn't replicate it. TfL's journey planner is a bit heavy on buses in
preference to train journeys.

Must be the heat (or the floods)!

MaxB