Old August 11th 07, 01:44 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Ernst S Blofeld Ernst S Blofeld is offline

Default Extend the ELL to Alexandra Palace?

Bob wrote:
Abandoned railway plan could be revived for Parkland Walk

Here we go again. Every time someone writes about this they act as if no
one has thought of it before and/or it hasn't been discussed to death a
million times over since the line closed. Some proposals have been taken
seriously but they have failed to get anywhere for legitimate, practical
reasons, AFAICT.

Jim Blake wrote;
and poor public transport availability - in such
places as Muswell Hill and Crouch End.

Neither of those places can be said to be poorly served by public
transport as they have an ample supply of buses. No immediately local
tube or trains, true, but both can be reached by a walk or a short bus
journey. Some people even like the fact there's no tube!

so-called Parkland Walk (which more resembled a dogs' toilet and a
wilderness of stinging nettles when I last visited it a few months
ago!) should be used to restore this vital railway link, which also
could easily co-exist with a footpath and much of the present wildlife
habitat.

At this point in time, I would consider that wilderness of nettles to be
of more lasting benefit than any light rail project although this
opinion may change depending on what Haringey council do to it;

http://www.haringey.gov.uk/pwconsultation

ESB