Old August 12th 07, 10:41 AM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Default Extend the ELL to Alexandra Palace?

On Aug 11, 10:47 pm, Mr Thant
wrote:
On Aug 11, 9:58 pm, MIG wrote:

And I think it was still in use for movements between the City branch
and Highgate Depot till the early 1970s wasn't it? How did they get
across Finsbury Park at that time? (I realise that occasional stock
movements aren't equivalent to regular services, so I am not trying to
imply that there's an easy route, but there must be a route.)

The Northern City had a stock transfer connection with the ECML at
Drayton Park depot, and the Highgate line was built as a branch of the
ECML, with a flying junction that cut into the southwest corner of the
current extent of the park.

I am trying to picture where that would be. Somewhere near the
trainspotters platform?