Old August 12th 07, 05:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Olof Lagerkvist Olof Lagerkvist is offline

Default Oyster at West Brompton

Phil Clark wrote:

Last week, travelling home from the Great British Beer Festival, I
caught a train from West Brompton to Clapham Junction.

[...]

So at a loss I swiped my Oyster expecting to find an Oyster reader on
the platform at Clapham Junction.

However, I couldn't find one when I got there. So I have an
unresolved journey on my Oyster.

So - what should have I done? Is there something obvious that I
missed?

The problem is that Oyster PAYG is not valid on that particular National
Rail route. The Oyster readers at West Brompton are intended for
District Line passengers only.

A map showing which National Rail sections where Oyster PAYG is valid:
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloa...YG-Diagram.pdf

I don't remember the West Brompton station as I have not been there for
a long time, but it sound strange that there was no National Rail ticket
machine there... Without such a machine and with the station unstaffed I
don't know what you were supposed to do, especially because you would
have had to pay penalty fare if you had been caught buy a ticket
inspector on the train (because Oyster PAYG is not valid).

--
Olof Lagerkvist
ICQ: 724451