Old August 12th 07, 06:30 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Scott Paul Scott is offline

Default Oyster at West Brompton

"Phil Clark" wrote in message

Last week, travelling home from the Great British Beer Festival, I
caught a train from West Brompton to Clapham Junction.

I was at least half cut so probably missed something obvious, however
this is what I found...

My Fleet to London Terminals season ticket did not operate the
barriers, to be honest I'm not sure whether it's valid at West
Brompton or not.

I checked this in the opposite direction recently, although not on a season,
the SWT guard said that an Eastleigh to London Terminals did not allow
travel on the WLL, so I guess a Fleet ticket wouldn't either.

There were Underground ticket machines, but Clapham Junction was not
listed as a destination.

Underground machines rarely include non Underground destinations.

So at a loss I swiped my Oyster expecting to find an Oyster reader on
the platform at Clapham Junction.

However, I couldn't find one when I got there. So I have an
unresolved journey on my Oyster.

So - what should have I done? Is there something obvious that I
missed? However I remember last time I made this journey I couldn't
work it out either - but it was a Sunday afternoon and the barriers
were opened and I just walked through.

Go to Wimbledon on the District and change there?

Finally - how can I get the journey resolved? Last time, when I
foolishly walked through an open barrier at Euston without swiping my
card, I got it sorted out at a Tube ticket office, however will this
still work as it was a National rail journey?

Possibly give the help line a ring and admit to 'forgetting to touch out
somewhere in zone 1'?

Paul S