Old October 30th 03, 03:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Robin May Robin May is offline

Default Derailed trains

(Boltar) wrote the following in:
om

Robin May wrote in message
Are you stupid? A train is several times longer than a car or bus
and even more times heavier.

No **** sherlock. And consequently they should be built a damn
site stronger than road vehicles. Obviously this is not the case,
at least not for tube trains. If any vehicle crumples up at such a
low speed it doesn't say a lot thats good about the design.
Perhaps they should have used the same team who designed the
mainline mk3, probably one of the safest vehicles on wheels.

I think it did pretty well considering it had God knows how many tons
travelling at 15mph forcing it in to the wall.

--
message by Robin May, but you can call me Mr Smith.
Hello. I'm one of those "roaring fascists of the left wing".

Police Advice: do not approach Cheryl Tweedy as she may be dangerous.