Old August 14th 07, 03:55 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Andy Andy is offline

Default Oyster season ticket - add a new zone?

On Aug 14, 3:55 pm, Londoncityslicker
wrote:
On Aug 14, 12:46 pm, ocoro02
wrote:

I have an Oyster annual season ticket, zones 3-5. I want to add zone 6.
Has anyone managed to do this?

This is my track record so far:

Oyster website says - phone our customer line or go to underground
station.
Phone customer services - they say go to underground station.
Go to Wimbledon - they say 'we're not an underground station'.
Go to East Putney - they can't do it.

Is there a magical ticket office somewhere on the network that can do
all I wish?

--
ocoro02

Dont think there is such a thing as a zone 6 travelcard.
You'd have to ask for a 5-6 Travelcard to be added to your Oyster.

You can't just add zone 6 onto an existing 3-5 card.
You weren't able to do this with paper tickets so would assume Oyster
does not do it either.

Easiest way is to goto the ticket office at an LUL railway station
(i.e. not Wimbledon) and ask for the zone 3-5 season to be upgraded to
a zone 3-6. You will pay the difference in price between an annual 3-5
and an annual 3-6, scaled according to how many days remain on the
original season. This will also be cheaper than adding zone 5-6 as an
extra. You could always do this with the paper tickets too. I'll be
moving myself in the near future, from Zone 2 to Zone 5 and made sure
that I can upgrade simply on my Oyster, the information coming from
the ticket office at Warren Street.

An example:

Annual Zone 3-5 £776
Annual Zone 3-6 £928

Difference £152

So, if you have 6 months left on the first annual, you pay £76 for a
zone 3-6 ending on the same day as you original. This is documented
somewhere on the LT website, but I can't immediately find it, but the
following appears on the national rail website (http://
http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/times_...ditions.html):

"3) Changeovers

If you move house, change your place of work or wish to change the
class of travel, you may apply to exchange any Season Ticket with a
month or more remaining, for one with the same expiry date for your
new journey or class. This is called a changeover. A changeover may be
applied for at any rail ticket office (preferably one relevant to the
new journey), a few days in advance of the date of the change. Any
additional charge or refund will be based on the ticket prices when
the original Season Ticket was bought, pro rata to the periods before
and after the changeover. No administration charge is made. Any ticket
that has already been exchanged in this way may be accepted for
further exchanges if necessary."

Hope that this is of some help.