Old August 16th 07, 07:45 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Eric Eric is offline

Default Underground station sight gag

On 2007-08-16, Olof Lagerkvist wrote:
Recliner wrote:
"Tom Anderson" wrote in message
h.li

On Tue, 14 Aug 2007, Dominik Tebarth wrote:

The station is not in Berlin anyway = All made up.

It looks to me like a computer rendering of a 3D model. Can't really
say why; gut feeling. Something about the uniformity and cleanness of
the ceiling tiles and other bits (could just be German, of course).

You could be right -- the ceiling tiles look too large and aren't curved
enough.

You are probably right about the tiling but I get a feeling that the
trackbed is actually a picture from some real metro system, maybe also
the platform but not really sure there.

It looks a bit like the DLR platforms at Bank but it could probably be
from any metro system with similar live-rail layout.

Nobody seems to have made anything of whatever it is on the right of
the tunnel mouth?

Eric