Old August 18th 07, 02:20 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Q Q is offline

Default chingford line trains

"Jack Taylor" wrote in message
Q wrote:
"MIG" wrote in message
ups.com...
Snip
The original question would have been more interesting when Chingford
line trains were maintained at Hornsey (if they really were, when
"allocated" there).

I don't remember 315 going to Hornsey, only 317's.

The West Anglia batch were all allocated to Hornsey and it was quite
common to pass the depot on the main line and see WAGN and Silverlink
313s, 315s, 317s, the occasional Silverlink 321, 322s and 365s on the
depot.

That sounds right now I think about it. I remember seeing odd silverlink
stock knocking about down there, I think there was a 321 in last time I went
past (months ago).

Is there any plans to re-open Coronation Sidings come to think of it ? Every
9 months a gang go in to 'de-shrub' the area to stop the OLE finding a nice
path to ground, and the temporary lights are back again on the far road. The
north end access is still blocked[1] but the south end was open again.

And on a whole other tangent - LER have just put out to tender for new
carriage washers (Although I can't remember where for)

[1] Not only is there a stop sign at the gates but the spur off the Bounds
Green yard road is hidden under some quite big bushes, and shrubs again!