Old August 19th 07, 07:34 AM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Default Underground station sight gag

On Aug 16, 3:11 pm, Olof Lagerkvist wrote:
Recliner wrote:
"Tom Anderson" wrote in message
th.li

On Tue, 14 Aug 2007, Dominik Tebarth wrote:

The station is not in Berlin anyway = All made up.

It looks to me like a computer rendering of a 3D model. Can't really
say why; gut feeling. Something about the uniformity and cleanness of
the ceiling tiles and other bits (could just be German, of course).

You could be right -- the ceiling tiles look too large and aren't curved
enough.

You are probably right about the tiling but I get a feeling that the
trackbed is actually a picture from some real metro system, maybe also
the platform but not really sure there.

The thing that looks odd to me is that there's only the one
advertisement. Why would so much space be wasted? Something makes me
think that the wall at least has been put together by repeating one
section.