Old October 30th 03, 09:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london
John Rowland John Rowland is offline

Default Crossrail: Paddington reversers

"Richard J." wrote in message

In the thread "Crossrail preferred route" earlier this month,
I raised the question of what happens to the 6 tph westbound
after 12 tph go to Richmond (of which 4 tph continue to
Kingston) and 6 tph go to Heathrow. At the exhibition in
Paddington Library this week, a Crossrail representative
said that the remaining 6 tph would terminate at Paddington.

They are saying that, but I don't think they mean it.

They would then run empty up to the surface
where some reversing sidings would be provided.

Are there any other examples of trains in a frequent service
being terminated on the same track as following through services?

Central Line at Liverpool Street (where an incompletely cleared train was
responsible for a fatality a few years back, but I don't know what the
frequency was at the hour of the fatality).
Bakerloo at Queens Park.
Kennington Charing Cross branch.
Somewhere on the Jubilee.... Willesden Green, I think.

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped