Old August 21st 07, 08:39 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Uncle Dave Uncle Dave is offline

Default Oyster Card

On Aug 21, 4:29 am, Barry Salter wrote:
Michael Hoffman wrote:
Olof Lagerkvist wrote:
Michael Hoffman wrote:

It's at the gateline. How did you get in/out without using it?

If the OP means London City Airport and the DLR station there, it is
not gated.

Sorry, I meant at Waterloo. I know there isn't a gateline at most DLR
stations.

At a guess, the OP changed from the DLR to the Waterloo & City at Bank
(probably without using the validator en route, but I digress) in which
case he wouldn't pass a gateline at Waterloo, but *would* have passed a
couple of validators.

Yeah I did, even though I was keeping an eye open for them. In fact,
I was up in the station before I thought (as a first time user
remember) "um, how will it know where I finished my journey" and went
back down to the tube and spotted a validator back along an exit.

Sorry guys, I got the things because I expect to be going to/through
London more often and it seemed like a good idea so I do want to use
it. Back to the bus:

1. I assume I can only validate my top up at one of the machines in
Waterloo as there none on the list for the bus stops outside?

2. The TFL site says you have to pay for the bendy bus before you
get on, so how does that actually work with the Oyster card? Is there
a validator on the bus or at the stop or what? (In any case, it's
forty years since I was last on a London Bus - always used the tube
before - and things have probably changed a bit since then ;-)

Cheers

David