Old August 23rd 07, 10:37 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Andy Andy is offline

Default Oyster season ticket - add a new zone?

On Aug 22, 10:15 pm, MIG wrote:
On Aug 16, 10:54 am, Andy wrote:

On Aug 16, 7:28 am, ocoro02
wrote:

Thanks for the replies! I made the fatal mistake of buying the ticket
online so will have to chance it at some random LUL ticket station. I
don't use underground as part of my daily trip so none is relevant. I'm
getting quite tempted to cancel the season and get a paper one ...

--
ocoro02

Ok, I've managed to track down the section on the Oyster website
(links below)

begin copied text
I need more zones added to the Travelcard on my Oyster card, what do I
do?

If your Travelcard has more than 1 month validity remaining, you can
exchange it for one with more zones.

You will need to visit a Tube station ticket office or call the Oyster
Ticketing and Refunds office on 0845 330 9881 (Calls from BT landlines
cost 3.5p per minute. Calls from mobiles vary depending on network).
and they will explain what you need to do get your replacement
Travelcard, which will be issued on your existing Oyster card. Please
allow 7 working days for your new Travelcard to be issued.

If your ticket has 1 month or less validity remaining on it, call the
Oyster helpline on 0845 330 9876 (Calls from BT landlines cost 3.5p
per minute. Calls from mobiles vary depending on network)., to discuss
other options available to you.

We are not able to offer this service on Travelcards paid for by a
Travel Warrant.

end copied text

(Direct link contains a session ID, so may not work)https://transportforlondon.custhelp....rtforlondon.cf...

If it doesn't, goto

https://transportforlondon.custhelp....rtforlondon.cf...

and enter

travelcard more zones

into the search, it should be the first answer that comes back.

This clearly says any Tube station, so I imagine that the staff at
East Putney either can't be bothered, or havn't done it before and
need some training!! If you phone the Oyster number given above, it
may be worth mentioning that East Putney said they couldn't do it. I
also think that the seven days mentioned above only applies for
phoning the oyster number, not for doing it in person at the station.
It might be worth printing the bit from the website out and taking it
with you, and/or trying somewhere on the Northern line, if you are in
that part of Wimbledon.

Depending on how one interprets the paragraph that you quoted, it
might mean that at any LU station they can explain what you need to do
(eg go somewhere else or give up).

Or alternatively, you can take account of my original post, where
Warren Street said that they could do the change :P

The paragraph looks like it needs a good editor and I agree that it is
not clear whether the 'explain what you need to do' only applies to
the Oyster helpline, especially with the section about call costs in
the middle!!