Old August 23rd 07, 09:28 PM posted to uk.transport.london
No Name

Default How can you have a signal failure on an ATO system?

"Peter Corser" wrote in message

The platform headwall corner signals are "true" starters. A Vic line
train running in usual ATO mode will not normally pass a red signal (white
aspect shown when an ATO train can pass, but train in manual cannot).

I was referring to the white aspect in my earlier post, not the red one. I
was wondering why some drivers chose to hold at a station, even if they have
a white aspect.

The same thing is true where signals are ptrovided away from stations
(usually confliction point protection or where there are more than one
route from the signal). Headway posts are not intended to be stopped at
by non ATO trains.

What is a headway post?