Old August 23rd 07, 09:40 PM posted to uk.transport.london
asdf asdf is offline

Default How can you have a signal failure on an ATO system?

On Thu, 23 Aug 2007 21:28:49 GMT, wrote:

The platform headwall corner signals are "true" starters. A Vic line
train running in usual ATO mode will not normally pass a red signal (white
aspect shown when an ATO train can pass, but train in manual cannot).

I was referring to the white aspect in my earlier post, not the red one. I
was wondering why some drivers chose to hold at a station, even if they have
a white aspect.

Because they're driving in manual?