Old August 24th 07, 01:51 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Kev Kev is offline

Default Camden Town revisited - many times, many,many times

On Aug 24, 1:22 pm, Mr Thant
wrote:
On Aug 24, 12:52 pm, Kev wrote:

I think it's more about which scheme got planning permission.

That really makes sense. We are basing which projects get funding on
the basis of planning approvals rather that on a needs basis. It seems
incredible the a very busy station in central London closes or
operates as departure only on the basis of overcrowding and TfL can't
get its act together to sort it out.
If they can't get the planning permission then go ahead anyway without
the development.
How on earth can Livingstone bleed the travelling public dry then say
we can't do anything unless we build a multistory office block as part
of the development. They managed to rebuild St Pancras without
knocking it down and putting a 50 story eyesore on top.

Kevin