Old August 27th 07, 02:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MaxB MaxB is offline

Default Oyster hacked?

On 25 Aug, 16:33, "Richard J." wrote:
alex_t wrote:
Oyster website forces everyone logging in to change their password -
is there a specific reason for that? Were they hacked? :-|

The process isn't exactly friendly either. When you try to log in, they send
you a temporary password by e-mail, which you then log in with again, and
have to change straight away to one of your choosing. The initial message
said something about a site upgrade. I notice that the site is now
oyster.tfl.gov.uk instead of oystercard.com.
--
Richard J.

I cut and pasted in my "new" password, only to have it rejected! I
then refreshed the screen only to be told I had now tried the new
password twice and was locked out. Message "please ring our expensive
help line to get it sorted" or words to that effect.

Stuff it!

MaxB