Old August 30th 07, 12:12 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mike Bristow Mike Bristow is offline

Default Ongoing work at Finchley Central

In article om,
AndyColeman wrote:
I travel from Finchley Central to Moorgate each morning and I am
curious as to what they are doing along at the top of the bank near
the station entrance at Finchley Central. They seem to have been
working on it for months but as I pass through as quick as possible at
that time in the morning (or on the way home for that matter) not
realy had a chance to stop and ask what they are doing.

I'm in a similar boat (except I arrive at Finchley in the morning).

I guess it it to install a MIP lift for access to the southbound
platform...

Also on the nothbound platform they have taken away the old steps
going up to the bridge that had been blocked off, but they seem to be
doing more than just taking them away.

.... and this is to install a MIP lift to access the northbound platforms.

--
Shenanigans! Shenanigans! Best of 3!
-- Flash