Old August 30th 07, 01:38 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Adrian Adrian is offline

Default Do you own a diesel engined vehicle?

eastender ) gurgled happily, sounding much like they
were saying :

Do you really think everywhere in Central London is a dirt-cheap
hovel?

Did you not see the words 'less likely' in what I said?

'Disadvantaged urban areas tend to be characterised by high traffic
volume, leading to increased levels of air and noise pollution and
higher rates of road traffic accidents without the benefits of access
to private transport.'

I'm sure that is the case, nationally.

However you can't extrapolate from that to the (unusual) case of Central
London - the fact is that there are plenty of affluent people in London who
also live on very busy truck routes. I'm not sure why you want to turn it
into a class-war issue, but if that floats your boat, go right ahead.