Old August 31st 07, 08:31 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Walter Briscoe Walter Briscoe is offline

Default canning town jubilee line escalator replacement program

In message of Fri, 31 Aug 2007
09:28:12 in uk.transport.london, Walter Briscoe
writes

05h1t! I omitted "escalator" from the subject.

At Canning Town, I descended by stairs from the Bus Station to the
Jubilee Line ticket office platform. I noticed the escalator was being
replaced. I was confused by a notice saying escalator replacement takes
6 weeks and the replacement would end in July 2008. A CSA explained
July 2008 was the date for the escalator system replacement program to
end. Does anybody here know the story? ISTR that line was opened in
2000 for the Millennium. What is the design life of an LU escalator.

--
Walter Briscoe