Old August 31st 07, 01:29 PM posted to uk.transport.london
John Rowland John Rowland is offline

Default canning town jubilee line replacement program

Kev wrote:

Sorry but I just split my sides laughing.So escalators that have seen
7 years service are being refurbished. Well all I can say is that with
such a short life span you think that they would build a bit more
redundency into the system to cover the once every 7 years major
disruption caused by the refurbishment. Given that most stations have
only one up and one down and that every 7 years both are going to be
out of service for extended periods is a joke.

Although only the down escalator is ever taken out of service...