Old August 31st 07, 02:27 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Kev Kev is offline

Default canning town jubilee line replacement program

On Aug 31, 2:29 pm, "John Rowland"
wrote:
Kev wrote:

Sorry but I just split my sides laughing.So escalators that have seen
7 years service are being refurbished. Well all I can say is that with
such a short life span you think that they would build a bit more
redundency into the system to cover the once every 7 years major
disruption caused by the refurbishment. Given that most stations have
only one up and one down and that every 7 years both are going to be
out of service for extended periods is a joke.

Although only the down escalator is ever taken out of service...

Fat lot of use that is though when the station is then closed because
the closed down escalator can't cope with the volume of passengers.

Kevin