Old August 31st 07, 02:31 PM posted to uk.transport.london
asdf asdf is offline

Default canning town jubilee line replacement program

On Fri, 31 Aug 2007 05:15:15 -0700, John B wrote:

Again, no they didn't. *Replacing* escalators is a year-long process -
see this interesting piece on the escalators at Moorgate:
http://www.metronetrail.com/default....=1125646086750

What they're doing here is refurbishing:
http://www.tubelines.com/news/perfor..._Q1_2007-8.pdf

I don't know if you've ever worked in manufacturing industry, but if
you can find a complex electromechanical machine that works non-stop
for eight years and doesn't require a shutdown for refurbishment and
extended maintenance, then I'd be interested to see it...

Non-stop? Aren't the escalators switched off at night?