Old August 31st 07, 04:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Barry Salter Barry Salter is offline

Default Next Week's Strike

chunky munky wrote:

There has been nothing put out to tell LUL staff to refuse to cross
picket lines.

The TSSA's guidance has the following to say (and I suspect other unions
are similar):

quote

In accordance with contractual requirements TSSA members are advised
that they should make every endeavour to report for duty as normal.

Where transport difficulties prevent members from getting to work they
should report their particular situation to their employer with the
minimum of delay. Where necessary members should use whatever means of
public transport are available.

At work, TSSA members are strongly advised to carry out their normal
duties and they should not volunteer to work extended hours arising
directly out of or in consequence of the dispute. Members are advised
not to agree to undertake any duties that could not be regarded as part
of their job description and/or have not in the past been undertaken by
them in their current post.

Members should not at any time during the dispute act in breach of their
Contracts of Employment and should carry out their normal duties in line
with that stated above.

The above paragraph does not apply to regular *rostered* overtime and
applies only to *additional* duties occasioned by the dispute.

snip

We would reiterate that our members should only work their usual roster,
including any regular rostered overtime, and should not volunteer to
work any additional hours arising out of the dispute.

TSSA may not lawfully encourage members to take part in secondary
industrial action. Members may, however, choose as a matter of
individual conscience, not to cross another union’s picket line.

Members who so choose should be aware that such action is likely to put
them in breach of contract, and may result in their employer taking
disciplinary action against them (including dismissal).

TSSA will provide advice, support and representation to any member
facing disciplinary action in such circumstances.

/quote

Cheers,

Barry