Old September 1st 07, 08:34 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Dave 2 Dave 2 is offline

Default What Underground station is this?

On Sep 1, 12:57 am, Paul Corfield wrote:
On Sat, 1 Sep 2007 07:36:29 +0000 (UTC), "Dr Ivan D. Reid"

wrote:
On Fri, 31 Aug 2007 21:34:15 -0700, Dave 2
wrote in . com:
On page 6 of today's "24 hours", a free "newspaper" in Vancouver BC
was a stock photo with a London Underground sign in the background.
What station is this?

http://vancouver.24hrs.ca/pdf/cover.pdf

(Warning, large download, 22MB)

The pub across the road could well be The Feathers in St James's
which is said to be 0 miles from St James's Park station. I'm not
familiar with the area so that needs confirmation.

http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs...ers/St_James_s

Spot on Ivan. Certainly is St James Park - Tube HQ to the right of the
picture.

A dreadful pub btw and often a haunt of soldiers from the nearby
barracks so it can a tad "rough" at times if someone says the wrong
thing. Last time I was in there (a long time ago) the beer was pretty
awful too.
--
Paul C

Admits to working for London Underground!- Hide quoted text -

The pub mentioned in the article is probably indeed in Leicester, as
John suggested (http://www.carling.com/beerfinder/venue_details/10591/
Leicester/Street%20Life/brands_stocked).... the photo is just a
generic stock photo...