Old September 1st 07, 08:50 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] johnoflondon@googlemail.com is offline

Default Help me i'm a tourist?

On 31 Aug, 20:56, Russ wrote:
Hello,
I'm flying to London late September to Heathrow and my wife is flying
to Gatwick the next morning. I haven't been to London since 1989 and
don't remember anything (long story).

We're staying at the Sheraton Skyline near Heathrow (one of my
companies preferred hotels).

Questions a
1. How easy/costly is it to get from Heathrow airport area to the
touristy things like Buckingham Palace, Trafalgar Square, Big Ben,
Aquarium? What's the best mode of transportation for the least
expense?

2. Is there anywhere better to stay for ~ 125 GBP that might be a more
convenient location and comparable to the Sheraton Skyline?

Thanks

Hello,

The hotel you are staying at is located on the Bath Road, which runs
alongside the airport.
If you arrive at Terminals 1,2 or 3 you can get a bus number 285 from
the airport bus station and it will stop near to the Sheriton Skyline.
This bus should be free as no charge is made on the buses from central
area of airport as far as Hatton Cross station.
Another way to get to Central London from the Sheriton Skyline is to
buy a TravelCard and get the 285 bus from the Bath Road and stay on
the bus to Feltham station, where you can get a fast train to central
London -Waterloo station, (near the London Eye and Westminster).
If you want to stay in Central London and not pay too much try Travel
lodge hotels,link below.

http://www.travelodge.co.uk/find_a_h...4_c3#searchbox

Your wife when she arrives at Gatwick airport could take the airport
link bus to Heathrow and then meet you at the Sheriton Skyline.

Hope you and your wife have a pleasant stay.

John