Old September 1st 07, 10:41 PM posted to uk.transport.london
JL JL is offline

Default Stand on the right - time to get rid of it?

On 1 Sep, 19:36, Boltar wrote:
I can't help thinking that the escalators would get more people up and
down them in a given time if people could stand on both sides in the
rush hour since you always get a (sometimes dangerously) large queue
for the right side and far fewer people going on the left (plus theres
always some idiot tourist who can't read who blocks it anyway). I
realise it might inconvenience people in a hurry but I reckon the pros
would outweight the cons.

Opinions?

B2003

In terms of a cost-benefit analysis, yes the pros would outweigh the
cons. But in reality, better 1 businessman be on time for his
important meeting, better 1 family catch that last train to Paris,
than 1000 people reach the top of the escalator 5 seconds earlier.