Old September 2nd 07, 09:18 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Boltar Boltar is offline

Default Stand on the right - time to get rid of it?

On Sep 1, 11:41 pm, JL wrote:
In terms of a cost-benefit analysis, yes the pros would outweigh the
cons. But in reality, better 1 businessman be on time for his
important meeting, better 1 family catch that last train to Paris,
than 1000 people reach the top of the escalator 5 seconds earlier.

True , but I was thinking of it being a way of clearing out the rush
hour crush at places like kings cross and victoria rather than getting
people anywhere quicker. Though I suppose theres an argument that
perhaps it would just move the crush to the other end of the
escalator.

B2003