Old September 2nd 07, 11:01 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] robin@mayes.org.uk is offline

Default Stand on the right - time to get rid of it?

On 1 Sep, 19:36, Boltar wrote:
I can't help thinking that the escalators would get more people up and
down them in a given time if people could stand on both sides in the
rush hour since you always get a (sometimes dangerously) large queue
for the right side and far fewer people going on the left (plus theres
always some idiot tourist who can't read who blocks it anyway). I
realise it might inconvenience people in a hurry but I reckon the pros
would outweight the cons.

Opinions?

B2003

During the escalator reeplacement works from the Northern Line at
Moorgate there were signs and announcements advising customers to
stand on both sides.