Old September 3rd 07, 11:47 AM posted to uk.transport.london
asdf asdf is offline

Default Tube question

On Sun, 02 Sep 2007 13:13:10 +0100, James Farrar wrote:

Yeah , I remember those signs No idea why they changed it. Mind
you , on the district line a few years back they used to have in car
line diagrams with east on the left and west on the right so the line
was completely reversed to what someone would see on the main tube
map. Heaven knows what the idiots who came up with that idea were
thinking (direction of travel of the train matching the map I suppose)
but common sense has since prevailed however.

Handed maps can be useful on lines with no branches, provided of
course that the trains ony reverse and never loop.

Yes, indeed. However, I've noticed that over the past year or two, all
the handed maps have been replaced with non-handed ones on some
(possibly all) lines. Certainly the Jubilee and (IIRC) the Victoria.