Old September 4th 07, 09:38 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Robin Mayes Robin Mayes is offline

Default Stand on the right - time to get rid of it?

"Paul Weaver" wrote in message
oups.com...
On 1 Sep, 19:36, Boltar wrote:
I can't help thinking that the escalators would get more people up and
down them in a given time if people could stand on both sides in the
rush hour since you always get a (sometimes dangerously) large queue
for the right side and far fewer people going on the left (plus theres
always some idiot tourist who can't read who blocks it anyway). I
realise it might inconvenience people in a hurry but I reckon the pros
would outweight the cons.

Opinions?

They should stop the escalators completly in rush hour -- people would
walk on both sides. It would speed things up and make people healthier
(and thinner, meaning more room on the trains in the long run)

I'm sure those who have disibilites or luggage would thank you for that
idea! I'm assuming ambluances will be parked outside to cope with the
increase in heart / asthma attacks as well.