Old September 4th 07, 10:27 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Scott Paul Scott is offline

Default Tube question

"Tim Roll-Pickering" wrote in message
Boltar wrote:

Yeah , I remember those signs No idea why they changed it. Mind
you , on the district line a few years back they used to have in car
line diagrams with east on the left and west on the right so the line
was completely reversed to what someone would see on the main tube
map. Heaven knows what the idiots who came up with that idea were
thinking (direction of travel of the train matching the map I suppose)
but common sense has since prevailed however.

They still have them on a lot of the single route lines - I never could
understand why they don't have them on the others as well as apart from
the Central & Piccadilly the trains don't turn round.

BTW the carriage strip maps are available on the www for those who didn't
know already...

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/gettingaround/4572.aspx

Paul S