Old September 4th 07, 09:31 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Olof Lagerkvist Olof Lagerkvist is offline

Default Stand on the right - time to get rid of it?

Neil Williams wrote:

On Tue, 04 Sep 2007 12:53:06 -0700, MIG
wrote:

I meant at Bond Street, by the way, built for a very different line

from what the Jubilee is now.

I have thought about that sometimes... If the Jubilee Line had been
extended from Charing Cross through City and then down the East London
Line instead as it was initially planned to be, had that really meant
that much fewer interchanges/entries/exits to/from Jubilee at Bond
Street compared to the situation today? Not necessarily, or? In case
not, why was Bond Street built the way it was? Was is planned to be
rebuilt when the line was finally extended (not likely)? (About the same
wonderings about Green Park.)

If you want claustrophobic on LUL, try changing from the Northern Line
to DLR at Bank. Or, worse, try changing from DLR to the Northern Line
when a train has just arrived and hundreds of people are trying to do
the opposite down a low-ceilinged stairway that's barely wide enough
for two abreast.

That last example is one of the worst I know in London, pretty much an
"I am lucky if I survive"-feeling. Doing it using Oyster PAYG and having
to get to the Oyster readers on the way adds some further excitement.

--
Olof Lagerkvist
ICQ: 724451