Old September 5th 07, 09:40 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Scott Paul Scott is offline

Default RMT strike called off

"asdf" wrote in message
This week's RMT strike has now been called off.

Next week's strike is still on, however.

Latest quote from BBC:

RMT general secretary Bob Crow said they now had the assurances, they had
been seeking, in writing from the employer.
However, he warned a 72 hour strike planned for next Monday remained,
pending the outcome of further talks.

"The three days of strike action is on next week," he told BBC News 24.

"Our view the deal we have got is the best possible but if these people from
Transport for London keep on going round and trying to rubbish us then it's
their fault if the strike takes place next week again."

Encouraging eh...

Paul S